Every month Hannah from Utensils0 shares one of her downloadable papercraft projects for you to make at home. This month it's a beautiful Christmas luminary star:
You will need:
Template printed onto card stock (download it here)
1. Print the template onto the card stock of your choice, cut around the outlines of all the shapes.
2. Using a scalpel lightly score the lines on the rectangle shapes, follow the lines that are dotted. Tip - you only need to lightly brush across enough to mark the paper but not cut it.
3. Bend the bottom tabs all the same way.
4. Zig zag fold the vertical lines on the rectangle, gluing one to the other with the vertical tab.
5. Carefully glue the horizontal tabs onto the blank star shape, lining up the best you can with the edges of the star. Any extra can be cut off to neaten up the base.
6. Cut out the stars and moons from the other star shape. Tip - Move the star shape around rather than trying to cut at awkward angles, to get a smooth curve on the moons cut a little bit, move the star and cut a little more at a time.
7. Lightly score the dotted lines for the tabs.
8. Lightly score all the dooted lines going through the middle of the star.
9. Fold down all the tabs in the same direction.
10. Fold all the long lines starting from the triangle tip to the centre point downwards.
11. Fold all the short lines from the centre point to the convex point upwards.
12. Once all the folding is done you can bend over the longer tabs so they can glue behind the shorter tab next to it.