Hand Make a Copper and Marble Plant Stand
- Thursday 6th September 7:00 - 9:30pm at 20 Bedford Square, London
In this two hour workshop you'll learn some great workshop skills and leave with an elegant plant stand made with your very own hands. You'll transform a couple of lengths of copper pipe into this fantastic useful and stylish tabletop plant stand. How incredibly satisfying!
Our wonderful tutor and homewares designer Melodie Telliez will start by teaching you how to cut copper accurately, using a brilliantly fun cutting tool that does all the hard work for you. No hacksaws, metal shavings or any other nasties, just a clean and satisfying cut!
Then move on to constructing your plant stand using our quick drying resin glue to secure it solidly in place. There's no soldering or welding required so no dangerous stuff going on.
When it's done, choose from a stunning large black or white genuine marble hexagon tile to top off your design. At the widest point the tile is 30cm wide, so it can happily sit a big plant on it, or house a little selection of favourite plants and treasures.
Last of all you'll polish up the copper and tile to give it a lovely bright finish
When you've finished, you'll be able to carry home the finished copper stand. We'll provide a large waterproof bag to carry the stand in, and a cotton tote bag to carry the marble tile separately.
- All the copper you need to make a beautiful plant stand.
- Packaging to carry your plant stand home - but please note you will need two hands to carry it as the stand is big and that tile is pretty heavy over your shoulder
- A full-colour printed tutorial
- A hot drink or house wine or beer (depending on the venue)
- Details of where to buy more supplies if you'd like to carry on with your new craft skills
Who's it for?
This workshop is perfect for beginner but you must be 18 years or over to take part.