Learn The Art of Needlepunch
When and Where:
Wednesday 9th May 7.00 - 9.30pm
- The Cross Keys, 57 Black Lion Ln, W6 9BG
Saturday 26th May 2.00-4.30pm
- Saucer and Spritz, Inside Oasis, 22 Tottenham Court Road, W1T 1BJ
Wednesday 11th July 7.00 - 9.30pm
- Dead Dolls House, 181 Upper Street, Islington, N1 1RQ
Wednesday 8th August 7.00 - 9.30pm
DVine Cellars, 74 Landor Rd, London SW9 9PH
Needlepunch is the new craft craze sweeping Instagram and with good reason! You just need the right tools and you can get to making this wonderful textured shaggy stitching effect. Every one on this workshops gets the tools they need to take home and keep, so this is just the start of your needlepunch addiction!
You can do needlepunch with embroidery thread to create a smaller detailed effect, or you can use wool with a larger tool to create this bold tufted texture. We're using the larger needlepunch tool, called a Prodder. Not surprisingly, you prod the yarn through the cloth to create a loop.
Our fantastic teacher Zoe will teach you the three main tricks, and you'll be away. It takes a few minutes to get the hang of the movement, but then you can stitch up areas much quicker than with traditional embroidery.
You can use this technique on anything from clothes to cushions, wall hangings to coats. Come and learn this excellent and additive craft and create your own unique project in a wooden embroidery hoop.
- A Prodder tool to take home and keep
- Backcloth and a wooden hoop to take home
- As much yarn as you need for the project
- A cotton tote to take your work home in
- Illustrated colour printed instruction booklet
- Details of suppliers for kit you might need to carry on with your new skill
- A glass of house wine or beer, or a hot drink, depending on the venue
Who's it for
This workshop is perfect for beginners. You must be 18years or older to take part.