Learn the Art of Weaving
- Saturday 29th September 12.00 - 2.30pm
- Tuesday 30th October 7.00 - 9.30pm
- Wednesday 21st November 7.00 - 9.30pm
London Craft Club, 20 Bedford Square, Fitzrovia, London WC1B 3HH,
Weaving inspiration is everywhere these days, and if you’ve been admiring those beautiful hand woven wall hangings from afar but thought weaving was too difficult to learn, then we are here to show you it’s not!
In this workshop you’ll create your own woven wall hanging on a small lap-sized loom. Learn how to warp a loom, how to select which yarns to use, how to do weaving techniques such as soumak weave and rya knots, how to create shapes within your weaving, and finally how to finish your piece.
Although weaving may look complicated we will demystify the whole process and show you just how simple and relaxing it can be. It’s the perfect craft to accompany a movie or a podcast, and perfect for the colder weather that’s coming. There’s something so comforting about working with yarns.
Choose from a large selection of yarns to experiment with different colour combinations, to create a weaving that is totally unique to you.
You'll leave with a wall hanging (or an almost finished one!) plus all the tools and equipment you’ll need to continue weaving at home.
- A lap loom and set of basic weaving tools
- A large selection of yarns to choose from
- A colour instruction booklet
- A cotton tote to take your work home in
- A glasof Prosecco and endless tea or coffee
Who's it for: This is perfect for beginners. You must be over 18 to take part