You Can Sew This Pouch Without a Sewing Machine
- Monday 10th September 7.00-9.45pm
- Wednesday 17th October, 7.00-9.45pm
- Thursday 8th November, 7.00-9.45pm
London Craft Club, 20 Bedford Square, Fitzrovia, London WC1B 3HH,
If you love the idea of sewing your own things but aren't quite ready to invest in a sewing machine or a series of sewing classes, this is perfect for you.
You'll learn the basics of sewing fabric accessories and create a zip pouch, with a lining. You can make it again at home with nothing but scissors, a zip, a needle and thread so it's the perfect way to try out some sewing skills. Plus, the fact that you don't need a sewing machine means you can whip one of these up anywhere - no more boring commute to work!
These fab little zip pouches make brilliant gifts too, as you can choose a colour/fabric to suit whoever you're gifting it to. We'll even show you some easy ways to customise your pouch too, so you'll leave with something one of a kind.
In this 2.45 hour session you'll learn a bucket-load of skills including;
- The principle of following a basic paper sewing pattern
- Pinning and cutting out your fabric
- How to assemble the bits of fabric
- Sewing by hand
- How to insert a zip - it's EASY!!!
- How to add a lining to a pouch
- Top tips and tricks
- A wide choice fabric and all your materials
- A bag to take your handiwork home it
- A drink at the venue
- Printed instruction booklet
Who's it for: This is perfect for beginners. You must be over 18 to take part