Make your own twisted leather or pleather sandals
When and Where:
- Wednesday 18th July - 7:00 - 9:30pm at Dead Dolls House, 181 Upper Street, Islington, N1 1RQ
- Thursday 26th July - 7:00 - 9:30pm at Dead Dolls House, 181 Upper Street, Islington, N1 1RQ
We just kept on getting asked about these twisted leather two-tone espadrilles that Sonia made this Summer - so here by popular demand is our latest workshop! There are only going to be two dates, so places will be strictly limited. Don't miss out by leaving it too late. Also, there are early bird ticket prices for now so you'll save by booking earlier.
You'll need to supply your shoe size in advance (you'll be asked after you book) and we'll have your espadrille style soles and upper pattern ready for you. We'll bring a choice of five leather and pleather (that's vegan friendly vinyl) colours for you to choice from including black, white, silver and two others chosen to go well together. You'll learn how to cut the leather to the pattern, then we'll use a mixture of glues and stitching techniques to assemble the shoe. There will be a bit of tweaking to fit your foot, so don't worry if you have a slightly wider or narrower foot.
You should finish one shoe and probably two in the two and half hours, but if you don't you'll still definitely leave with all the leather prepped for sewing, as well as the right needle and thread to take home if you need to finish up.
- a house wine or beer or soft drink on arrival
- a choice of two colours of leather or pleather
- all other materials
- a cotton tote to take your shoes home in (although you can just wear them!)
- an illustrated colour instruction booklet to take home with you
Who's it for
This is perfect for beginners but you must be 18 years old or over to take part