The Big Craft Swish
When: Sunday 28th January, 10:00 am - 1:00pm
Where: Cecil Sharp House, 2 Regent's Park Rd, NW1 7AY
This is it! The Big Craft Swish!
Let's not lie about it, crafting uses up a lot of materials. And even more materials don't get used at all! So if you have a secret stash of guilty craft purchases, this is for you….
• Swish away your ill-advised crafty purchases!
• Take home some guilt-free stuff you’ll use!
• Help minimise waste!
• Add some good karma to the world of craft!
• Share your crafty stories with other crafters
All that stuff going to waste in our cupboards, lofts and under our beds is a crying shame. It’s taking up space that us London-dwellers can ill afford, and all that clutter just isn’t good for our creative souls. So let's do something about it.
Maybe you’re new to craft, and you bought a load of stuff that now you don’t know what to do with? Bring it along and swap it for something you can use. Or you might even meet someone who can show you what to do with it instead.
Already a Super Crafter? Come along and declutter, get inspiration, encourage the newbies and share stories with fellow crafters.
Here’s the rules – simple but fair…
1) Everyone must bring at least one item of quality craft material or kit (drop off from 10.00am)
2) You will have half an hour to browse before the swish opens (10.30 – 11.00am)
3) No item may be claimed before the swish opens at 11.00am
4) As soon as the swish is declared open, everyone may take what they want.
5) Remember we’re here for sharing not sharp elbows!
Our hosts Cecil Sharp House have a delicious range of light bites, homemade cakes and main meals available throughout the day in their cafe. Why not grab a bite there then pop in at 10.30 for the browsing before the swish opens at 11.00am. Then there’s an hour and half of nabbing what you want, and of course craft chat.
Tickets are £4 to cover costs, and any profit will be donated to Mind or Stop the Traffik